Suggest treatment for wound on the arm of an elderly person
Ok to use, but recheck in 24 hours.
Hello and welcome,
It is wise that you pulled the skin flap back over the wound. That is an important thing to do in wound care.
Xeroform dressings are usually used for open wounds where there is no skin flap, and for burns. It's also used for slightly infected wounds that are exuding pus.
Xeroform dressing that has petroleum (Vaseline) jelly and bismuth might keep the wound a little too moist, but otherwise it would be fine. You can put the Xeroform on today and recheck it in 24 hours and see how things are doing. If the skin seems to be closing when you recheck it, you can then skip the Xeroform and just use a dry dressing.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment to remove wound scars on face
- Suggest treatment for non-healing wound
- Suggest treatment for rash on arms and back
- Suggest treatment for to heal wound on knee
- Suggest treatment for a reopened wound on penis
- Treatment to knuckle wound
- E coli wound treatment
- Swelling around the open wound suggested treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain in left arm
- Suggest treatment for arm pain