Suggest treatment for wound on penis head
I have a wound on my penis head. It is on the exit of the urinal canal on the left side. It is like a shell, protecting the soft skin beneath. It doesn't hurt only when I pee.
Should respond well to locally applied medication
Welcome to this site!
I am Dr V XXXXXXX a Sr Consultant Dermato-venereologist.
I have seen your pictures and noted your concerns.
Your picture shows a mass of tissue with rough surface on the opening of the urinary hole. This matches closely the description of genital warts which are viral in origin and are contagious.
Here are some must-do things which any patient with such a presentation is supposed to be directed to follow.
1 Not to touch or treat the lesions by oneself
2 Practice abstinence for the period till these are removed.
3 Get blood tests for other venereal conditions done since there is a likelihood of having been infected with another problem as well. The main tests are TPHA, HBsAg, Elisa for HIV.
4 Medications for self use should ideally be avoided as these cause necrosis or tissue damage which might lead to future complications.
5 An experienced person or healthcare provider can apply Podophylline preparation on the lesions with protection of surrounding surfaces which will relieve you of the problem.
6 Follow ups are a must to rule out recurrences.
7 Arrange treatment for partner as well especially if the individual is a regular partner.
If due to any reason, the local application does not yield desired results, RF cauterization can be undertaken.
In my practice, hardly 10% patients need cauterization while most would get well with just local application of Podophylline a few times.
I am sure you will get relief very soon and regain normal health.
Our best wishes, always!
Thank you for your answer.
I am now aplying Veregen as a treatment by myself. Is this wrong ? Should I stop doing it?
I took blood tests for STD's and they were negative.
Proper application needs experience
welcome with your fresh query!
The locally applied Podophylline needs careful application as to the extent and quantity of applied medicine.
It is highly recommended that only healthcare professional should accomplish this job.
It is good to note that your blood tests were reported negative for infection.
Thanks for conveying positive news.
Best wishes from our team!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for to heal wound on knee
- Suggest treatment for fractured penis
- Suggest treatment for a reopened wound on penis
- Vdrl positive wound on penis treatment
- Penis open wound treatment
- Suggest treatment for small blister on penis head
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Small penis recurring wound in testicles treatment
- Head wound treatment
- Suggest the treatment for micro penis
- Suggest treatment for severe hair fall
- Suggest treatment for hard pimple on back
- Suggest remedy for non-itchy red dots on different parts of body
- Suggest treatment for red itchy bumps, itchy dry scalp and psoriasis
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps in the armpit
- Suggest treatment for bump on index finger
- How to remove sun tan from face and neck?
- Suggest treatment for hyper-pigmentation on feet and ankles
- Suggest best antiageing treatment to deal with aging
- Is negative STD test after 4 weeks of sexual encounter conclusive?