Suggest treatment for worms in stomach

Posted on Sat, 31 May 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Ihave been troubled by worms in earlier years. I believe I have the problem again. My B.M. pattern is first constipated by softer feces, by liquid with a large volume and much force. I am now experiencing a lot of gas and when I wipe it appears that There is at least one adult worm and many eggs when viewed with a magnifying glass. I feel a sensation of irritation on the skin near the anus which seems to aggravate and cause the liquid B.M and I am most often no where near a bathroom and soil my clothes

Please help
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Should start Mebendazole...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

I have gone through your query, and understood your concerns.

If you have noticed adult worm and eggs when using magnifying glass, then, it is confirmed that you have worms, most probably Enterobious vermicularis.

I would suggest to start immediate de-worming therapy with Mebendazolum 100 mg (2 tablets early in the morning before meals) for 3 consecutive days.

After 2 weeks, you can repeat the same treatment (take 2nd dosage).

Applying good hygienic measures especially when preparing food and after bowel movements are crucial in eradicating such intestinal parasitic infections.

Hope it was of help! Do write me back if you have further queries!
Dr.Klerida
Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist