• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for white spots on the penis

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I don't know am in the right department

I have tiny white spot in the top of penies .with peeled skin little bit .it's not hurt. also the skin is dry and cracked.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I suggest a moderately potent topical steroid

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and venereologist).. I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
It is a dry, scaly, reddish patch of skin on glans . Possibilities for this patch include either Plaque Psoriasis or Lichen Planus.
I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g Mometasone furoate 0.1% ointment Or Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% ointment, twice daily. It is a prescription medication.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8961 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Plaque psoriasis

doctor1 MD

Good Evening. Im suffering from what began as excessive facial hair growth since July 2013. It was very mild and not problematic initially. However...

doctor1 MD

Hi.My doctor has advised to take Folitrax 2.5 mg for Psoriasis treatment. She is 72 year old. Is it advised to have this medicine. Please advise.

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am suffering from plaque psoriasis since many years What is best treatment or any best doctor is there by me XXXXXXX , CA Thanks

doctor1 MD

Hi, l had skin itching on left leg since last 5 years ... Recently I came to know it's related to psoriasis ... I am worrying on this please...

doctor1 MD

i am suffering from plaque psoriasis from 15 years.i am using folitrax from 3 yrs.till now i have used 640 mg of folitrax.how much folitrax to be...

doctor1 MD

1)     I am suffering by Plaque Psoriasis from 20 years. I used various kind of ointment but it was not cured. Ultimately since last 5 years...

doctor1 MD

Hi, my name is Tony I'm asking in regards to my 79 yr old mother..hs high blood pressure being treatrd with diovan /hctz and is experiencing...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

192 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Kakkar S.
  • Q - Suggest treatment for thinning of skin

  • Q - Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?

  • Q - What casues allergic skin rash?

  • Q - How to diagnose herepes type 2?

  • Q - What causes white pimples in vagina?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp

  • Q - What causes non itchy eruption on penis?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body