• question-icon

Suggest treatment for white spots on the penis

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I don't know am in the right department

I have tiny white spot in the top of penies .with peeled skin little bit .it's not hurt. also the skin is dry and cracked.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I suggest a moderately potent topical steroid

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and venereologist).. I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
It is a dry, scaly, reddish patch of skin on glans . Possibilities for this patch include either Plaque Psoriasis or Lichen Planus.
I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g Mometasone furoate 0.1% ointment Or Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% ointment, twice daily. It is a prescription medication.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist