• question-icon

Suggest treatment for white patches on the penis

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Cancer
Question: Attention Dr XXXXXXX Chill.
Sir i have been asking u about my white patch in penis and burning in it. Still white patch is there and can a cancer grow below skin of gland pls reply as soon as possible. It it necessary that the cancer should have ulcer or sore on skin.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Signs which required detailed examination

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
Thanks for writing in to us.

Hope you are doing well.

There are many signs of possible cancer of the penis. The following signs require a detailed clinical examination to rule out cancer of the penis (as mentioned in medical literature).

1. If you have an area of skin becoming thicker and/or changing color (without reason)
2. Any lump on the penis
3. Ulcers that might bleed
4. Reddish, velvety rashes
5. Any small, crusty bumps
6. Any flat, bluish-brown growths
7. Smelly discharge under the foreskin

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Sir
These sign are already on net. My query is can a growth below the gland. Ie inside gland and it msy show discolour .
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cancer depends on the cell of origin

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
Thanks for writing back with and update.

Yes, these signs are available from the research available on penis cancer done from all over the world.

I understand your problem, you are asking if there is any possibility of a growth under the skin or mucosa which will cause discoloration and turn malignant.

The answer to your question is yes but it depends on the type of cancer cells.

Cancer in the penis can be adenocarcinoma, basal cell cancer, squamous cell cancer, melanomas and sarcomas. Each of there cancers have a different cell of origin and the details are difficult to explain in simple language.

However, in your case you had applied dettol on the penis skin and that is why discoloration is there. It is unlikely from cancer.

Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 12 hours later
Sir
Again inwant to mention u that i applied diluted detol only after i got discoloration. But after applying candeg bg ounment .
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The picture sent yesterday does not look like cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
Thanks for writing back with an update.

Yes, if I remember correctly then your doctor told to apply betadine and then you applied diluted dettol and due to which you had burning sensation in April.

Please let me know if you are still having any itching or pain in the area and how long did you apply candid BG cream and if you are still applying.

Your problems started in April 2017 and now it is XXXXXXX 2017. I viewed the picture you sent yesterday and find there is no significant change which can be a concern for cancer by looking at it.

I hope you are keeping the area clean and washing it with warm water every day.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 15 minutes later
Sir
I applied candexbg for 4 days and prob is there from march 21st. Burning has been retuced 70% i had a discoloration on my tip of opening that has disappeared now and now i clean 2 times a day and mild burning is there. Can u say me if i have a growth inside my gland which is unknown make the discoloration and i dont pull and see much my gland many time .
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
I do not find any growth under the discoloration

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
Thanks for writing back with an update.

I do not find any growth under the discoloration. It is good that you stopped doing it many times.

Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 36 minutes later
Sir
Thanks for reply. How come u say no growth beyond the discoloration. Why do net say anyndisxoloration is the firstbsign of penis cancer. Can u say me the reason .
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There are no obvious cancer changes in the appearance from 3 months

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back with an update.

I cannot see any nodularity or ulcer in the area. If you have the problem from 21 March then now it is 90 days almost and in cancer cases there will be marked changes in the concerned area which is visible between 30 to 180 days. The skin surface in the penis does not show any irregularity and looks smooth. The above points are my assumption in saying that a cancer is less likely.

Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 2 days later
Sir
If its a cancer will it grow like ulcer and only discoloration can not b a cancer is ur reply. Due to poor hugine i fear a lot. As you have worked in cancer hospital will a discoloration alone can it b a cancer pls reply me .
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
I have not seen a case of discoloration alone turning in to cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
Thanks for writing back with an update.

Cancer is a variable condition and can have many symptoms mentioned in the list which I shared with you.

However I have not seen a case of discoloration alone turning in to cancer without any other symptoms.

Please try and maintain your hygiene from now.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist