Suggest treatment for white hair on scalp

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Thu, 24 Jul 2014 in Ayurveda
Question: Am getting continues hair fall and my hairs are become white, kindly suggest me what i have to apply, that make my hair to thick and black good growing and and how to manage the hairs, please suggest me.
please answer me, which will available in our house.
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Immunomodulation & Diagnostic Tests

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXX

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following points are worth mentioning:

1. although hair fall is related to gene and male sex hormone but a skin biopsy, blood tests, or other procedures may be needed to diagnose other disorders that cause hair loss.
PS. You need to Consult a Trichologist for your hair loss to rule out any other pathology, who will make sure that you are not affected with any fungal infection of the scalp [eczema/psoriasis or seborrhea dermatitis ]
2. If a close family member has the disease, the risk of developing it is slightly increased. [any history of the same]
3. Dandruff and hair fall go hand in hand [Dandruff leads to irritation and inflammation in the scalp with resulting hair fall], and also have you checked with your thyroid status [under active] and hemoglobin level.
4. Low humidity and any immunocompromised state can also lead to the above said problem? [any such in you]
5. Please revert back with above concerns for treatment aspect, in the meantime preventive aspect is given below

i. Avoid too much exposure to sun.
ii. summer season is one of the culprits; make sure you take adequate protection for the same.
iii. Avoid high extremes of temperature
iv. After bath make sure you avoid vigorous toweling of hair, let them dry naturally.
v. Make less choice for synthetic hair oils, hair coloring, bleaching, styling and use of dry blowers.
vi. Avoid excessive exposure to sun, heat, wind, dust, anger, stress, anxiety,
vii. Avoid oily, fried, spicy, hot, fermented and stale food.
viii.
. Proteins are essential for antibodies production so milk, egg (white), beans, yogurt, soymilk, pumpkin, squash,watermelon,peanuts,almonds, if non-vegetarian (meat) are choices .
ix. XXXXXXX carrots, cantaloupe, egg yolk, apricots, pumpkin, papaya, are ideal
x. Vitamin C: is needed for proper functioning of immune system: amla is good option.
xi. Vitamin E: is a powerful anti oxidant thus peanuts, dried apricots, cooked spinach taro root can be taken
xii. Soap nut (reetha) and shikakai along with Bhringraj and Neelini oil acts as natural conditioner and XXXXXXX you can use it safely.
xiii. Vitamin B1 and B2, Omega-6 and Zinc, magnesium, biotin should make a part of regular vitamin intake, apple cider vinegar, Olive Oil or Coconut Oil, raw aloe vera juice can be applied directly to scalp.
6. Initially we have to start with Immunomodulation [Rasayan Chikitsa] Treatment and later restore to non- surgical hair replacement [if you believe hair loss is psychologically traumatic and some people may have a poorer outcome with Conservative line of treatment]

Dr. Munish
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj