Suggest treatment for weight loss caused due to thyroid problem
Increase dose of thyrox
Hi dear.Thanks for giving me an opportunity to answer your query.
According to your thyroid report, TSH levels are high which means the gland is over-active and still there is deficit of thyroid hormone.Because of this relative deficit you are experiencing lethargy & gained weight.
Hence I would uptitrate the dose of thyrox from 50 to 75mcg to counter these ill-effects and prevent further weight gain.Suggest a follow-up thyroid profile at the end of 3 months.
Hope this answers your query.
Further you may ask me any queries you may wish.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Weight loss
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods and weight loss
- Can an under active thyroid cause weight loss
- Suggest treatment for weight loss
- Hypothyroidism treatment weight loss
- Thyroid treatment weight loss
- Suggest treatment for weight loss and is crisanta safe
- Hcg treatments for weight loss
- What treatment is suggested for weight loss
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and weight loss