Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
Having memory problems - using the wrong words when speaking.
Gaining weight weekly - even when watching calorie intake, eating healthy. 1 pound to 1/2 pound weekly for months.
Disrupted sleep. Waking up nightly 2 or 3 times.
Hands and feet feel swollen when waking up and I wake up with tingly feet and hands.
Drinking more than a liter of water and I have puffy eyes.
Most likely Hypothyroidism
Welcome to health care magic.
Your problems with memory, dry skin, constipation, excessive cold and swelling over body with weight gain can be best explained by hypothyroidism. Other possibility of renal dysfunction or other cause of generalised body swelling is to be ruled out. You need to get blood investigations done.
I will suggest you to plan for investigations like
1) T3, T4, TSH
2) Liver function test (including protein and albumin)
3) Renal function test
4) Hemoglobin levels
5) ECG and 2D ECHO( if breathlessness on exertion)
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me with all reports.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation and gas
- What treatment is suggested for constipation
- Treatment for tiredness constipation and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for constipation with acidity
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a baby
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a child
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation
- Suggest treatment for bloating and constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation and stress
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?