Suggest treatment for weight gain caused by prescription drugs

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Dear Dr Seikhoo Bishnoi

Im XXXXXXX xxxxx thankyou ask how is my daughter XXXXXXX The Doctors

put her in different medication Olanzapin and Lithium together and

five insulin daily and metraform tablets her veight goes up extra 45

kl foyr months Her condition very bad Im last Idont kmow what can I do

My daughter Dying for a cure

God bless you and your family

Kinds Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She will improve in some time

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic

I can understand your concern. Please remain relaxed and have faith, she will be alright. She is on insulin and on antipsychotics as Olanzapine and Lithium. Olanzapine itself increase the sugar levels so consult her doctor and ask about dose changes or change in drug.

How are her vitals currently? Is her BP, pulse rate and oxygen saturation in normal range? How are her electrolytes level?

If these are in normal range than remain relaxed she will come out of this bad phase of health.

Thanks, Hope this helps you, if you have more doubts you can ask again