Suggest treatment for weakness when suffering from diabetes

Diabetologist
Question

My Father is 70 year old and a Diabetic patient. He some time feel very weak so can we provide electral powder or Glucose to him. If not please suggest.

Best Regards,
XXXX
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No sugar snacks and butter milk are advised

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I had gone through your query and understood your concerns.

Sir, In a very weak condition, you can opt for electral. But not always. Keep him on no sugar snacks available n the market in between the meals which prevent him from being hungry and weak. Butter milk also is very good for him in such conditions.

Hope this guides you. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing your father good health.
Dr Phanindra Dulipala.
Diabetologist.