Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for weakness when suffering from diabetes

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 590 Questions

My Father is 70 year old and a Diabetic patient. He some time feel very weak so can we provide electral powder or Glucose to him. If not please suggest.

Best Regards,
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No sugar snacks and butter milk are advised

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I had gone through your query and understood your concerns.

Sir, In a very weak condition, you can opt for electral. But not always. Keep him on no sugar snacks available n the market in between the meals which prevent him from being hungry and weak. Butter milk also is very good for him in such conditions.

Hope this guides you. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing your father good health.
Dr Phanindra Dulipala.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor