Suggest treatment for weakness, dizziness and fainting episodes

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 28 Nov 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi. My name is XXXXXXX I am 19 years old. I weigh 138 and I am 25 weeks pregnant. I also have a little boy, who I had almost 2 years ago. When I was pregnant with him I would have these "spells" where I would almost faint. I would be sitting or laying down, my heart would start racing like 140+ sometimes and I would sweat, my whole body would feel so odd, I would shake, have weakness, dizziness, vision would almost go out, id see weird sparks of light everywhere and my hearing would almost go out. This pregnancy it has started to do it again, and I don't know what it is because they can't catch it happening. It's frightening, it makes me feel like I've ran a marathon when it's over. Please let me know what you think is happening to me. Thank you in advance.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
You seem to be having palpitations along with vaso vagal shock.
This is a cardiac issue, and you should consult a cardiologist at the earliest
Please have a complete ECG and echocardiogram.
Is your hemoglobin normal ?
BP and blood sugars ?
Any other complicating factor ?
All the best.
please feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Hi, thank you so much. I'm not sure about my hemoglobin, and I just done a glucose test with my gynecologist and I haven't got a call yet, so I think I passed that. However my blood pressure drops when this happens I've noticed it will drop really low and my heart rate jumps up. I also have hypothyroidism, vitamin D deficiency, if that matters any. Thank you again. I'm trying to make sure I tell you everything but I'm just not sure on exactly what ties into this issue I'm having.

Hi, I was trying to find the Vaso vagal on google, and all I can find is Vaso vagal syncope, and it says my heart rate would be slow and it's never slow when I have these episodes, also it says it would be triggered by me seeing blood or something and I'm always relaxed in bed or sitting down when it happens..
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
It could be a panic attack.
That often happens in pregnancy.
It may also be postural hypotension.
Look these two up.
ANd have a really good physician examine you and work you up, for a proper diagnosis.