Suggest treatment for weakness and weight loss while suffering from Myositis

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Ayurveda
Question: Female patient aged 52, suffering from Myositis (Connective Tissues Disorder). In last 1 year, she started experiencing weight loss and general weakness. There was stiffness and swelling of fingers in both hands. Contacted many doctors - MD, Ayurvedic doctor, Gastro doctor and conducted tests for Thyroid, Androscopy, CT scan of spinal cord, but nothing was found. Then 6 months back she started having problems in eating food also. For last 2 months she is not available to eat properly and was taking only liquids. In July, Dr. XXXXXXX Parmar (Rheumatologist) diagnosed her with Myotisis. This was confirmed by Dr. XXXXXXX Banerjee of Asian Institute of Gastro Entology, XXXXXXX The treatment began from 15-Aug-2015 with 1st stage and consecutively 2nd stage treatment. For last 6 days she is undergoing 3rd stage treatment in ICU of XXXXXXX Hospital, XXXXXXX At present she is unable to breathe properly and an oxygen pipe has been inserted to help her. Doctors have no further treatment. Can you please help?
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
symptomwise approach

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with the health concern and going by the history you have provided:

1. Since she is a diagnosed case (myositis- Mixed connective disease), do let me know whether any identifiable cause like "Infection" or Auto Immune" disease was found for the same?

2. As she is in hospital and on oxygen therapy,unable to eat (only liquids) thus nothing in Alternate form can be tried, so once she is out of I.C.U. or Hospital only then some result oriented medicine can be suggested, till then remain under regular supervision and guidance of your attending physician (Rheumatologist)

3. The disease can be managed (by Improving quality of life) through Ayurveda principle of "Mansmedo gat Vaat" (Myopathy/Myalgia) which I follow with my patient's as O.P.D. Procedure.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar