Suggest treatment for watery diarrhea

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I HAVE HAD WATERY DIARRHEA FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS. LAST NIGHT I WOKE UP WITH UNCOMFORTABLE HEAT AND FULLNESS IN MY ESOPHAGUS AND MORE DIARRHEA. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like acute gasteroenenteritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on HealthcareMagic.
By your symptoms it looks like you are having an episode of food poisoning (acute gasteroenenteritis ) due to the food that you ate outside.
I would recommend the following if you are not allergic to it please start taking Tab Ciprofloxacin and tinidazole combination after getting it prescribed by your local physician .
Meanwhile please keep yourself well hydrated by drinking water and ORS .Also start taking Cap Sporolac twice a day for 10 days this will help you to control the diarrhoea.
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad