Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for water clogged ear

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
I have felt for days that I have water in my ear and now it is becoming "clogged" and uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do at home to help?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Serous otitis media Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from serous otitis media. Here are some of the home remedies which might be useful to you 1. Valsalva manouver Close one nostril with your thumb and blow in and blow out forcefully. Repeat the same with the other nostril 6- 8 times 2. Steam inhalations I advice you to inhale steam. It has proven to be extremely useful in my patients. Do it for about 5 min, three times a day 3. Nasal decongestants It has helps to drain the blocked sinuses. Over the counter nasal decongestant is Otrivin, put 2 drops every 6 hours for 2 days 4. Sleeping on the side of the blocked ear can also help If none of the above measures help then I advice you to approach a ENT surgeon for an examination. I hope I was of help Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor