Suggest treatment for wasp sting

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency
Question: Good Morning
I was cleaning my windows and I got stung by a wasp, I immediately come in and, first pushed on
the sting to see if I could get out the stinger and then I put my thumb under water and then put
baking soda on it. Did I do the right thing?
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes you did the right

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Yes you did the right thing. Baking soda likely to neutralise the acid content released by wasp . Cleaning under water helps in washing out the content.

All you have to do is take a tetanus toxid injection and antihistaminics like cetrizine and pain killer like paracetamol if pain is there .

Show to emergency room if you develep following
-severe itching/pain
-rashes all over the body
-if you are not sure that stinger is out

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T