Suggest treatment for warts on the hands and feet
Options for palmar and plantar warts
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist) I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
You can either opt for a destructive treatment modality like cryotherapy (freezing with liquid nitrogen spray), CO2 laser ablation, Radiofrequency cautery or Electrofulguration. Any one of these would give the fastest results.
Medical treatment options include intralesional injection of bleomycin (it is painful and may require to be repeated once every 2 weeks for a total of 2-4 sessions), topical keratolytics (salicylic acid 17% and lactic acid 17% lotion) Or podophyllin resin + salicylic acid liquid application (podowart S). Medical treatment options may take longer i.e around 4-12 weeks depending on the number and size of warts.
Regarding palmo-plantar warts
I would suggest you Cryotherapy (freezing). You may require 1 or 2 sessions. The best way to stop the process is to treat existing lesions which are the source of infection and therefore prevent further spread.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for wart of shaft of penis
- Suggest treatment for warts on hand
- Treatment and cure for viral warts
- Is wart off treatment used in the treatment of subungual warts ?
- Suggest treatment for palmar warts
- Oral treatment for warts
- Is wart off treatment used in the treatment of flat warts ?
- Suggest treatment for swollen genital wart
- Suggest treatment for itcy skin warts
- Treatment of anul warts