Suggest treatment for warts on the face

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Mar 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I've had this on the side of my face for about 5 years and was wondering what it could be. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral warts

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
I can see skin colored, rough appearing, raised skin lesions. It seems like a wart to me. Warts are an infection caused by Human Papillma Virus (HPV). It has to be removed with either Electrosurgery or Radiofrequency cautery. I suggest that you visit a dermatologist in your region for the needful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 38 hours later
Hi, thanks for your response. I was wondering if you could also take a look at a couple of moles for me?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

yes, sure. You can send me good quality images of the moles.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 9 minutes later
thanks :)
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dysplastic nevi

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I have viewed the images.

I think they are clinically dysplastic nevi. Asymmetric nevi with irregular/ ill defined margins and with varying shades (specks) of brown. I suggest a dermoscopic examination. Do you have other such nevi? or are the other nevi unlike these?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
As far as I can see, I don't have any other moles like this
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get them evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Ok.

If they look different from your other typical moles then that is all the more reason that you should get them evaluated.