Suggest treatment for warts on penis
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I understand from your query that you are having warts on your penis for which you have applied Dermarest cream and are now experiencing dryness.
I have seen the clinical picture that you have attached.
Dermarest contains " Salicylic acid" which is a potent irritant. This should not be applied on delicate areas such a genitalia. Salicylic acid of this strength will not help to get rid of the wart either.
Please stop using this cream.
You could apply a plain moisturizer preferably containing colloidal oatmeal ( e.g- Aveeno moisturizer) multiple times in a day to heal the dryness. Do this for 5-7 days till the dryness totally disappears.
You can get the warts treated after the dryness has subsided.
Genital warts treatment includes cryotherapy ( freezing) and Podophyllin resin application. Both these procedures have to be done under the supervision of a doctor.
Please visit your GP for the treatments.
Do not apply caustics on your genitalia as this can irritate the area.
Hope this helps you.
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for warts on hand
- What treatment is suggested for wart of shaft of penis
- Is wart off treatment used in the treatment of subungual warts ?
- Suggest treatment for palmar warts
- Oral treatment for warts
- Is wart off treatment used in the treatment of flat warts ?
- Suggest treatment for swollen genital wart
- Suggest treatment for itcy skin warts
- Treatment of anul warts
- Genital warts treatment penis head
- Dry and scaly skin around elbows and knees, use lotion regularly. Could...
- Having some strange spots on face with stinging and tingling sensation....
- Loosing hairs for last some time and used Mintop hair oil. Black marks...
- How to get rid of pimple scars?
- Having skin allergy, getting red rashes. Told to have Uritcaria. On...
- Had wrinkles, neck type pouch. Used radio waves to tighten, having more...
- Have had botox on forehead. Discovered a lump on forehead and vision...
- Diabetic, taking insulin along with Janumet and Glucophage. Having...
- Suffering from skin eruptions. Having burning and itching sensation. Cause?
- Getting eruptions these days. What could be the case?