Suggest treatment for warts in the scrotum, armpit and neck

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have developed warts during last 16 months in scrotum, armpit and neck. Which procedure of wart removal is safer - by Radiofrequency or Laser? Does it involve re-growth or can it increase ?
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Both methods are safe and effective.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the warts and the removal process for the same.

As per your described areas it appears more towards skin tags rather than warts.

warts are infectious in origin with more chances of recurrences while tags are non infectious with less chances of getting recurrence.

In both the methods I prefer to use radio frequency ablation rather lasers. Laser is bit costlier method. There is no difference in efficacy of any of the method as both gives equal results.

If done properly then tags have least chance of recurrence. Warts could recur as new growth despite any of these procedure.

There is no chance of increase in growth by any of the method and are totally safe.

In view to help you best I request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of the affected area. For that you have a feature on the right side of the page.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases