Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
166 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for warts in the genital area

Answered by
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 5068 Questions

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: I have seen several Dr's for a recently forming condition in my genital area. I have what appears to be a few lines of "roughened skin" in the area between my vaginal opening and on perineum. At first the area appeared to be getting bigger and whiter. At first I was told it could be HPV/warts by visual inspection at a urgent care clinic ( it looks nothing like warts, it is not clauiflower like nor clustered ) I was advised by one Dr it was fungal ( by visual inspection ) so I used treatment for that, it seemed to be helping some but the lines of bumps/roughened spots seem to of decreased a little and are no longer white but are def still there. I went to my nurse practitioner at my Gynos office and she said it was not fungal and is concerned with Cancer. She is testing for HPV but does not believe it to look like that. It's just frustrating as I've seen several Dr's and they all say something different. this area is not reddening nor blister like nor does it itch. But it can be seen and felt
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Leukoplakia should be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The white lines which are increasing in size between vagina and perineum can be fungal infection, leukoplakia, wart or HPV infection.
If fungal infection, wart and HPV infection are ruled out by appropriate investigations, then leukoplakia should be ruled out by proper examination and biopsy and histopathological analysis.
I will suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist to get properly examined, investigated including biopsy and get appropriate treatment.
Please do not panic as diagnosis needs to be confirmed for proper treatment.
I suggest you not to worry.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Hpv infection

doctor1 MD

Hi there Dr. Kakkar, I have asked you a question before about pumps on my penis. I went to see a local doctor and he confirmed your diagnosis and...

doctor1 MD

kay I had sex with my girlfriend for the first time and it like 2 days later I noticed some bumps on penis shaft, it didn’t hurt it just itches. I...

doctor1 MD

If a Dr wants to discuss your pap smear is it HPV related? Or Cancer related? Im quite anxious and didn't like the previous answer from the Dr on...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am 27 years old I just received a LSIL result for a recent pap test. I was told that it is is very likely that this could be due to an HPV...

doctor1 MD

HPV infection, for my wife PAP test is done and doctor suggest to take HPV vaccination (Gardasil) three dosage, final dose is finished on last...

doctor1 MD

yes please
i am snezana, i have already got my diagnostics of pap smear
cytomorphological features: hyperkeratosis and parakeratosis