Suggest treatment for warts in the genital area

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: I have seen several Dr's for a recently forming condition in my genital area. I have what appears to be a few lines of "roughened skin" in the area between my vaginal opening and on perineum. At first the area appeared to be getting bigger and whiter. At first I was told it could be HPV/warts by visual inspection at a urgent care clinic ( it looks nothing like warts, it is not clauiflower like nor clustered ) I was advised by one Dr it was fungal ( by visual inspection ) so I used treatment for that, it seemed to be helping some but the lines of bumps/roughened spots seem to of decreased a little and are no longer white but are def still there. I went to my nurse practitioner at my Gynos office and she said it was not fungal and is concerned with Cancer. She is testing for HPV but does not believe it to look like that. It's just frustrating as I've seen several Dr's and they all say something different. this area is not reddening nor blister like nor does it itch. But it can be seen and felt
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Leukoplakia should be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The white lines which are increasing in size between vagina and perineum can be fungal infection, leukoplakia, wart or HPV infection.
If fungal infection, wart and HPV infection are ruled out by appropriate investigations, then leukoplakia should be ruled out by proper examination and biopsy and histopathological analysis.
I will suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist to get properly examined, investigated including biopsy and get appropriate treatment.
Please do not panic as diagnosis needs to be confirmed for proper treatment.
I suggest you not to worry.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad