Suggest treatment for vomiting
can be due to peptic ulcer and gastritis.
Hello and thank you for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
I've gone through all your details and appreciate your concern for your husband.
Most likely, the problem he is having is called Dyspepsia with gastritis.
Dyspepsia, in layman's language, is known as indigestion. It is a term that describes discomfort or pain in the upper abdomen. However, it's not a disease in itself. A dyspepsia is a group of symptoms which often include bloating, nausea heartburn.
Inflammation of the stomach is also known as acute gastritis. In this article, you will find 10 natural tips to cure acute gastritis.
Possible causes and habits that could lead to acute gastritis include medications that can harm the lining and walls of the stomach; the excessive consumption of alcohol; drinking alcohol, coffee, tea spicy fast food, and lemon juice on an empty stomach; and eating hot foods.
When spicy food enter into injured areas of the stomach, the stomach lining and the interior walls slow or stop altogether the flow of blood in the stomach walls, causing reddening, irritation, and in some cases bleeding. All of this can gradually lead to chronic ulcers. Some remedies for the treatment of acute gastritis may be very useful in place of using higher-strength medications.
A proton pump inhibitor like Omeprazole 40 mg twice daily along with a prokinetic drug Levosulpiride) for 14 days. This will provide you symptomatic him symptomatic relief.
(you may need to obtain prescription for this from your local physician).
Antacid like Pepto Bismol can be taken for few days along with it.
Any over counter probiotic should be taken for few days to provide relief in symptoms of indigestion.
Apart from this, some dietary restrictions are to be followed-
- Avoid alcohol or smoking.
- No aerated beverages.
- Take light nonspicy easily digestible food for few days.
- No Fast food like pizza or burger should be taken.
- Drink a cup of cold milk daily.
Endoscopy to rule out duodenal or gastric ulcers.
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting
- Suggest treatment to stop vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for fever and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for vomiting and weakness
- Suggest treatment for vomiting and stomach upset
- Suggest treatment for nocturnal vomiting
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for abdominal hernia
- What does my biopsy report indicate?
- How can chronic constipation be treated?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis and acid reflux
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for internal hemorrhoids
- What causes blood in stools while having diverticulitis?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
- Suggest treatment for GERD
- Suggest treatment for IBS