Suggest treatment for vomiting in a child
My 1.3,year old son is suffering from vomiting since morning today. The total count has reached up to 7. Could you please suggest a home remedy or a medicine for the same.
Give ondansetron containing syrup
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.
7 vomitings is a matter of concern in child. This could be due to food poisoning, acute gastroentritis or stomach upset.
In my opinion, you should give syrup containing ondansetron like syrup ondem, syrup vomiting, syrup emeset. It contains 2 mg in 5 ml of syrup. Dose is 0.2 mg/kg per dose.
Like, if child is 10 kg then you should give 5 ml of syrup.
Watch for dehydration. Give ORS solution or glucon-D in small amounts regularly to avoid dehydration.
An examination by Pediatrician should be done so that we may not miss any important finding.
I hope this will help you.
Wishing your child good health.
If problem is same, it can be given
Welcome once again.
If the other child has same problem, then you can give the same medicines but dose will be different.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting
- Suggest treatment to stop vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- Child with diarrhea and vomiting fever treatment
- Suggest treatment for fever and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for vomiting and weakness
- Suggest treatment for vomiting and stomach upset
- Suggest treatment for nocturnal vomiting
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and vomiting