Suggest treatment for vomiting in a child

Dr. Deepak Patel

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 12 Jul 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hi Doctor,
My 1.3,year old son is suffering from vomiting since morning today. The total count has reached up to 7. Could you please suggest a home remedy or a medicine for the same.
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Patel 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give ondansetron containing syrup

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.

7 vomitings is a matter of concern in child. This could be due to food poisoning, acute gastroentritis or stomach upset.

In my opinion, you should give syrup containing ondansetron like syrup ondem, syrup vomiting, syrup emeset. It contains 2 mg in 5 ml of syrup. Dose is 0.2 mg/kg per dose.

Like, if child is 10 kg then you should give 5 ml of syrup.

Watch for dehydration. Give ORS solution or glucon-D in small amounts regularly to avoid dehydration.

An examination by Pediatrician should be done so that we may not miss any important finding.

I hope this will help you.
Wishing your child good health.
Brief Answer:
If problem is same, it can be given

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.

If the other child has same problem, then you can give the same medicines but dose will be different.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Patel 2 days later
Thanks for the medication. Please let me know if the same medicine can be given to my 3 year old daughter suffering with same issue.