• question-icon

Suggest treatment for vomiting and loose motion

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I had vomiting and loose motion 4 days ago and started ciplox tz twice a day along with sporolac 1 tab 3 times a day

Got relief but today again I have started with watery stools and loose motion . Even can't consume water and as it comes out same way

Today started Taxim O 200 mg for twice a day and metrogyl 400 mg thrice a day . Only one dose gone . Now also same watery stools .

What should I do .. do I add sporolac please advise
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is a lot of viral diarrhea going on with onset of Monsoon

Detailed Answer:
Hi Abhay, Welcome to HealthcareMagic,

There is a lot of viral diarrhea going on with the onset of Monsoon. It will not respond to antibiotics.
Please stop all antibiotics for now.

Take Cap. Omeprazole 20mg once a day for now
Take loperamide/Imodium twice a day(don't take it, if, at all, any bloody stools observed),

Black tea with lemon, salt, and sugar every 2 hours.
No milk
Khichdi with buttermilk
Bananas
Chickoo and apple without skin lightly steamed.

Stick to this diet till you improve--it may take a week to 10 days.

Just to be on the safer side do a stool culture
Feel free to follow-up
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Geeta Sundar 14 minutes later
Thanks mam.... but i have loose motion totally water like to a tune of 5-6 in night and cant even consume water also or eat anything ..... will the above help me
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
take lomotil/immodium 2 immediately and then one after any loose motion

Detailed Answer:
Hi Abhay take lomotil/immodium 2 immediately and then one after any loose motion. It will check frequency. Inspite of measures outlined by me if frequency does not reduce, show a doctor.
In any case take the tablets and there is no harm in showing a doctor locally too just to make sure there is no dehydration.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Geeta Sundar