Suggest treatment for vomiting and diarrhea

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Child Health
Question: My four year old daughter vomited Thursday night four times and then was better and had diarrhea. She woke up this morning said she was hungry and threw up. 3 times. She does have not have a fever. Should I take her to the doctor?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
only if there is sign of dehidration

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Considering all this there is no need to visit doctor,but you should watch for sign of dehydration such as dizziness, pale skin, dry tongue, weakness or hypotension. This can be prevented by giving enough fluids. at least 2liters per day. Also, she should eat more liquid and easier food. It seems to be gastroenteritis ans this is common in her age. If you cant achieve adequate hydration she should see doctor and have iv infusions. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon