Suggest treatment for vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea

Gastroenterologist
Question
in the last 2 years I have had this onset of vomiting, abdominal pain, dehydration and diarrhea that last only 2 to three days. After two or three days it goes away like clockwork. This have happen to me every 3 months or less. My doctors have ran every gastric test you can think of. Still no diagnosis. I am starting to think he does not believe me. After 2 or 3 days, it is like nothing happen. My stomach goes back to normal. Can you help?? XXXXXXX
Fri, 1 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can be irritable bowel syndrome.Symptoms can be off and on in nature.May last for months or may appear for few days.Depends from patient to patient.
Presentation is variable.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
I've gone through your details.
I am Dr Kumar and would be addressing your concerns.
As per your queries answer is your symptoms could be suggestive of irritable bowel syndrome.However IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion as there is no test to confirm you have IBS,It means that when you have nothing or all your investigations are normal you are labelled as having IBS. In IBS there is some problem in the functional ability of the gut that leads to the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. The structure of the intestines is normal, only functional abnormality occurs in this condition.So frankly speaking (IBS) represents a functional disorder of gastrointestinal tract without the presence of an anatomic defect SO in lay mans language till date we are not sure whats the exact cause of this problem.

You should go for a colonoscopy and CT abdomen if both are normal treatment should be taken on lines of IBS.

Thanks

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea 8 hours later
I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy last month at the same time last month and the findings were normal. I want to go out on a limb. Do you think there is a possibility it could be arsenic poisoning??? I have read the symptom and they are the same as I am having.I got this idea 4 days ago. I only have the systems when I have been with my girlfriend. I have not decuss this with my gastroenterologist yet. Please look into that possibility.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
If you suspect arsenic poisoning by your girl friend you could go for a test called serum arsenic levels.You just need to give a blood sample.Arsenic is a poison very difficult to diagnose on basis of symptoms.