Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for vitamin D deficiency

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I m suffering from deficiency of "25-OH vitamin D" as per my blood test. What should I need to do get this to normal range?
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Let me know the current level. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. If you are deficient a 5000 IU daily dose of vitamin D3 for three months will get you back to an optimal range in most cases. Let me know the current level of 25-OH vitamin D so that I can advice you treatment according to that. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for vitamin D deficiency 7 hours later
25-OH vitamin D (Total) is mine - 13.8 ng/ml Refrence Range- Deficiency : < 20 ng/ml please advise.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 13 hours later
Brief Answer: cholecalciferol XXXXXXX 60000 units weekly. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Your vit D level is quite low. When such patient came to my clinic I generally advice cholecalciferol XXXXXXX 60000 units with a glass of milk weekly for 3 months. Take daily sunlight exposure for 20 minutes. Hope this helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor