Suggest treatment for vitamin D deficiency

Question
yes i am deficent in vitamin d and i can hardley walk when i get home from work ,i have a hour drive my muscles hurt im 54 and feel like ninety four
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Good day.
Vitamin D deficiency maifests as muscle wekness and bone pains etc. But there are many other causes of these symptoms including hypothyroidism.

How low is your vitamin D level ? HAve yoou done a fasting calcium as well ?

The important thing is to get a Thyroid functiion test,Fasting blood sugar as well as a CBC done to look for other causes. A screening for depression is important as well.

You may need Vitamin D and calcium supplementation. Vitamin D need to be loaded first. I usually give 60000 units weekly once for 6 weeks and then 2000 units daily for several months.

Sunlight exposure is important too

Binu