Suggest treatment for vitamin-B12 and D3 deficiency

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am a VIT 12 deficient and is on the medication to take IM 1000-1500 mcg once in a month along with the daily 2 capsules of 500 mcg mecobalamin and alphalipolic acid. I am also been diagnosed with Vit D3 Defficiency. Can I take Supradyn along with this medication. Please advice. I am also having High levens of Cholestrol and taking Rosustatin and fenofibrate combination in night
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
mecobalamin and vitB12 are the same

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare magic.
You do not need oral Vit B12 while you are on monthly injection of the same.
Later when you are off injection B12 then oral supplement will be needed.
Vit.D deficiency needs to be treated with proper supplement which can be taken in weekly doses orally.
Supradyn can be taken as usual because it's a dietary supplement dose combination of multivitamins.
Treatment for high cholesterol should be continued.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.

Dr. Ram Choudhary