Suggest treatment for viral infection along with cough and white mucus secretion in the eyes of a 10- month old baby
my 10 month old baby is having viral fever since Thursday. The temp is all normal, but he has running nose & cough. He had white mucucs coming from eyes also once he wakes up in the morning.We took him to ped who gave mucolite drops, sinarest AF & eye drops for 3 times a day. the white thingy coming from eye has reduced is almost nil now. But the mucus is yellowish white now. Should we wait or start antibiotics. The cough has not improved. I myself had viral fever & is still recovering. I took antibiotics(augmentin).
No need if there is no fever
Thanks for writing again.
Based on the description you have given it looks like viral infection only which may last few days more too.
If there is no fever I personally don't think there is any need for antibiotics.
You can continue the same medicines for a day or two more.
The secretions will come down gradually.
Cough will take even a week to settle even if the infection is gone.
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural treatment for viral infection
- Treatment for headache red eyes conjunctivitis and viral infection
- Treatment for viral eye infection
- Treatment and cure for Viral cough
- Treatment 12 month old viral infection
- Viral throat infection treatment
- Treatment of viral infections for 3 month old baby
- Treatment and cure for Viral infection
- Treatment and cure for viral eye infection
- What treatment is suggested for coughrunning nose and viral infection
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....