Suggest treatment for viral gastroenteritis
Suspect viral gastroenteritis.Stool examination.
Hi dear.Thanks for writing me on HCM.
I were to suspect viral gastroenteritis.Suggest stool examination.
Imodium is a symptomatic therapy and does not treat infection.I were to start on prophylactic antibiotic therapy(Ornidazole and Ofloxacin) until I get the stool report.
Advise to take plenty of clear fluids.Oral rehydration therapy (ORS powder is available overthecounter).Suggest to take 2-4 liters/day depending on the stool output.
Hope this answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Viral gastroenteritis difficulty breathing
- What are the symptoms of viral gastroenteritis?
- Viral gastroenteritis blood in urine
- Viral gastroenteritis chest pain
- Suggest treatment for viral gastroenteritis
- Viral gastroenteritis with rash on torso
- Treatment and cure for Viral gastroenteritis
- Viral gastroenteritis pregnant
- Viral gastroenteritis rash
- Treatment and cure for acute viral gastroenteritis