Suggest treatment for viral fever
One of my family member has viral fever since 26th Sep which seems to be unusual.
His malaria,typhoid,haemoglobin and urine tests are negative .He used to get fever with cold and after having medicine fever goes down gradually.this trend is there from last 10 days.Please suggest whether this is normal viral sort of fever or something to be bothered.
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
These days in practice we are also seeing such high grade viral fever which are taking upto 15 days to resolve.
However I would advise you to get his Xray Chest and a repeat Hemogram and Ultrasound Abdomen done just to rule out any other focus of infection.
I would advise in such case to stop all the medicines and Give Tab Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day and Tab Paracetamol 650 mg thrice a day.
This fever should resolve in next 3-5 days if the above mentioned investigations are also negative.
If you have any further query please ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bodyache and sweating due viral fever
- What is viral fever treatment
- Allopathic treatment for viral fever
- Aurvedic treatment of viral fever
- Viral fever in saurashtra treatment
- Treatment for viral fever with menorrhagia
- Viral fever symptoms and treatment
- What treatment is suggested for viral fever
- Treatment and cure for viral fever
- Viral fever causessymptons and treatment