Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for viral fever

Answered by
Dr. Anshul Varshney

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 3072 Questions

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi, i am having fever of 101, full body pain, joint pain, heavy dry cough and normal running nose, pl advise
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I need details.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. I understand your concern.
From the details you have given it seems you are suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection.
Provide me following details:
1. Since when are you having fever?
2. Is fever high grade? Associated with chills?
3. Any pain on throat? Any burning in urine?
4. Any sputum production? If yes amount and color?

Revert with these details for a better help.
Stay Healthy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 5 minutes later
I am having fever simce yesterday night, yes fever with chills, no pain in throat but continous cough, no burning in urine.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start Treatment.

Detailed Answer:
It seems you are suffering from viral fever or upper respiratory tract infection.
In such conditions I advice following:
1. To take antibiotic like Augmenting.
2. To take anti allergic like Levocetrizine once a day
3. To do warm saline gargles
4. To take Tablet Paracetamol for fever as on when required basis.
If fever doesn't improve on these medicines I advice to get investigations done.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Body pain

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I'm having headache, body pain especially in ankle, thigh. Also have mild throat pain. Please do help me to recover. Regards, xxxxxx

doctor1 MD

I am having FEVER , headache and running nose since 1 day. kindly help me.

doctor1 MD

Hello; I am a 25 year old male. I am living with the following symptoms and cannot get a diagnosis. These are my symptoms. Weakness in the arms and legs. Sensory symptoms such as numbness or tingling in arms and legs. Body pain all over, as high...