Suggest treatment for viral fever and dry cough

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am suffering from viral for past 4 days. Fever comes and goes along with headache and due to frequent body temperature change I sweat a lot . To keep myself hydrated I drink lots of water. Have taken Azithromycin course for 3 days along with allegera. I gargle everyday not much of cough now but still some traces of dry cough. Is there anything else I can do to get well as soon as possible.
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
?URTI

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.

I saw the message. You haven't mentioned whether you have sore throat or not.
You can take betadine gargle twice daily. You can take syp syp Allex 10ml twice daily, but these medications are available only with doctor's prescription.Drink plenty of fluids. Avoid citrus fruits and juices.
If fever is persistant get dengue profile done.

Get back if any query.

Dr VSK
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar