Suggest treatment for viral fever and UTI
my name is XXXX, i have a complaint of fever in evening hours and sick feeling since two months, i got examination by my physician, got all the test and found pus cells in urine so he diagnosed UTI, now as per his prescription i am taking Azitromycin 250 mg BD with some supporting drugs, since 5 days back i got fever (101 DC) sneezing coughing headache and bodyache, my physician diagnose viral fever, and prescribe some symptomatic treatment. today i feel better but still not up to date, having weekness sick feeling tase changed and motion problem, (constipated),
my question is.
1. wheather the treatment prescribed for UTI was ok, and how long i have to take this
2. the viral fever i obserbed is normal or some serious (though i have better feeling)
3. what other complication of UTI weather i should go for further investigation?
4. i have acid reflux and acidity (taking pantaprazole daily in morning)
Welcome to HCM.
I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
It seems you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
Most common causes of UTI are:
2.Stones in renal tract
I would advise you following:
1.Ultrasound Abdomen with KUB.
3. Urine culture.
4. X ray KUB.
You would be treated based on size, site of stone.
If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.
Now, as far as your questions are concerned, following are the answers:
1. Treatment of UTI, would be based on the cause as well as on the culture report.
2.This is not viral fever, if this is Urinary Tract infection as told by your doctor.
3.UTI if persists can cause pus collection in kidneys. Get investigated as advised.
4. You can take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone for acid reflux.
This is my personal opinion for you based on available details.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
i got investigated for hemogram, culture sensitivity as per there result my dr prescribed me, i want to know the duration of treatment, and symptoms i am feeling will how long persist
For 1 week minimum treatment is required.
Duration of treatment depends on the severity of UTI. However, usually we treat UTI patients for 7-10 days of antibiotics.
Your symptoms should improve with in 3-5 days of starting the treatment and once the antibiotic course is completed, you will be free of the UTI. But again, determination of cause is important.
So, you should get blood sugar and Ultrasound Abdomen done.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bodyache and sweating due viral fever
- What is viral fever treatment
- Allopathic treatment for viral fever
- Aurvedic treatment of viral fever
- Viral fever in saurashtra treatment
- Treatment for viral fever with menorrhagia
- Viral fever symptoms and treatment
- What treatment is suggested for viral fever
- Treatment and cure for viral fever
- Viral fever causessymptons and treatment