Suggest treatment for viral diarrhoea
Shall i feed her with nan pro and cerelac now??
You can feed her nan pro and cerelac
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
It seems your kid is having viral diarrhoea. Once it starts it will take 5-7 days to completely get better. Unless the kid's having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.
There is no need to use antibiotics unless there is blood in the motion. Antibiotics might worsen if unnecessarily used causing antibiotic associated diarrhoea.
I suggest you use zinc supplements (Z&D drops 1ml once daily for 14 days) & ORS (Each small packet mixed in 200ml of potable water and keep giving sip by sip) as hydration is very important and crucial part of treatment. If there is vomiting you can use Syrup Ondansetron (as prescribed by your paediatrician).
Regarding diet - You can use cerelac...any flavour will do. Avoid fruit juices as they might aggravate diarrhea. You can give zinc supplements & ORS apart from normal vegetarian porridges & soups.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bodyache and sweating due viral fever
- Overflow diarrhoea treatment
- Suggest treatment for viral myocarditis
- What treatment is suggested for viral fever
- Is gramogyl safe for diarrhoea treatment
- What is the treatment for diarrhoea in an infant
- Suggest treatment for viral gastroenteritis
- Treatment for diarrhoea and vomiting
- Bifilac for treatment of smelly diarrhoea
- Treatment and cure for Diarrhoea