Suggest treatment for vestibular migraine
I have been prescribed
1. Beta cap tr
2. Trivastral la
My question is- is the medicine right? I feel a lot of drowsiness after these medicines so have reduced their frequency.
Is this diagnosis correct and is it curable?
Possible Vestibular neuronitis .Need Confirmation.
I understand your concern.
I do not think this case of yours as Vestibular Migraine.
The symptoms you are experiencing possibly relate to sequel of healed perforation of the ear drum.
Healed perforation of the eardrum can have sequel of undiagnosed or untreated middle or inner ear disease.
You could possibly have Vestibular neuropathy secondary to perforation of the ear drum.
Trivastral la in my opinion is not the right choice of drug in your case.
It has propensity to cause excessive sedation and other side effects.
Beta cap is okay for the meantime.
A short course of antihistamine like meclizine and sedative anxiolytics like Clonazepam will help.
Please note these drugs have to be taken under expert medical care.
I advise you to consult an expert ENT surgeon who dealt cases with inner disease for further investigative work up.
Post your further queries if any.
However the ENT only recommended showing to a Neuro surgeon 2 months back so I consulted a.neurosurgeon after my symptoms continued.
Trivastral is for tinnitus the doctor said.
Shall I consult the neurosurgeon again? Or continue with the medicines for a Month?
Normally how much time it takes for recovery or is it non curable?
Consult a Neurophysician.
I understand your concern.
Instead of a Neurosurgeon I advise you to consult a Neurophysician or Neurologist and then decide whether to continue the medications or not.
This is curable condition in my opinion.
You will respond in 2-3 weeks .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vestibular migraine epilim
- Natural treatment for vestibular migraine
- Verapamil for vestibular migraine
- Vestibular migraine symptoms
- Living with vestibular migraine
- Triggers for vestibular migraines
- Vestibular migraine dizziness
- Vestibular migraine diet
- Is niacin effective for vestibular migraine "vestibular migraine" niacin
- Numbness in extremities and vestibular migraines
- What causes severe and low vision in elderly?
- Is there any correlation between high chloride exposure and CIDP?
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea and stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory track infection
- What causes painful right hip in a person undergoing renal dialysis?
- Suggest treatment for swollen eyes along with pain
- What do heat sensation in abdomen along with weight loss and...
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss
- What are the side effects of Glutathione capsules?
- Is it safe to have Dothiepin for sleeplessness during pregnancy?