Suggest treatment for very dry skin and itching
Kindly upload more images and provide more information
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
I can see slightly red, dry, round to oval patches in this image. Perhaps this is a fungal infection.
Do you have itching?
Do you have these patches elsewhere? Where all?
request you to kindly upload a few more good quality images of all the affected areas so that I am able to confirm and guide you better.
Regarding your itchy skin condition
I have viewed the images. I can see some patches and excoriated lesions, perhaps due to scratching. Judging from the distribution and morphology of lesions it seem more like 'Pityriasis Rosea' which presents as patches and papular lesions on back, arms and neck.
I suggest you to use a moisturizer, regularly e.g Emoderm cream Or Oilatum lotion. In addition to this I suggest you to apply a topical moderately potent steroid cream e.g either Mometasone furoate 0.1% cream Or Betamethasone valerate 0.1 % cream, twice daily for the patches/ excoriated lesions.
You may also ake a tab cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for dry skin with aching and allergies
- Dry skin menopause treatment
- Treatment of skin itching with elevated bilirubin
- Dolopar skin itching treatment
- Suggest treatment for hard and dry skin
- Suggest treatment for acne and dry skin
- Treatment and cure for dry skin
- Suggest a remedy for skin itching
- Suggest treatment for dry skin
- Dry skin rash treatment