Suggest treatment for vertigo

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am a 38 year old woman, and have been experiencing dizziness for almost a year. It worsens while I am at work. I feel like I am falling when these attacks happen. Within the past week, when these attacks happen, there is also a chest pain, and a feeling of cold that rushing through me. I had a CT in December, and an MRI last week. Both showed to be normal. Tonight is the worst that it has been. I had a moment when speaking with a guest and I froze for a second, as if I was having a spasm that did not allow for me to move or speak.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vertigo.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting a query,

The dizziness you are suffering from looks to be due to benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Which is due to balance disorder, I suggest you to consult an ENT surgeon to get it diagnosed.

Have you got your BP and ECG checked. If Not you have to check them immediately. As you are complaining of chest pain. ruling out any cardiac causes is very important.

Along with it i also suggest you to get haemoglobin and vit B12 tested. As anemia also presents with the same symptoms you are complaining of.

Any query do follow up,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 hours later
Have been under the care of an ENT, and did an auditory test that showed significant asymetrical hearing loss in my right ear last week. Since sending my initial question tonight, have had many more moments of feeling spasm like reactions throughout. I am much more anxious and jumpy than normal, and although I have the sudden hearing loss, I am very sensitive to noise. Everything seems too loud at times, like feedback coming out of a music/microphone amp.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CONSULT DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY.

Detailed Answer:
Appreciate your follow up,

I had asked about your BP and ECG? Every one will face such attacks some or the other time. But it should be clinically evaluated by a doctor. Exact cause cannot be ruled without physical examination. Consult the doctor immediately to get checked.