Suggest treatment for vertigo

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Sat, 17 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Treatment for vertigo. I do not have menaires disease.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
vertigo treatment

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are currently experiencing vertigo and you need help in reducing the dizziness. The usual treatment is using an antihistamine like antivert or meclizine. This is the most common treatment option. You can also use scopolamine patches which is used for motion sickness. Using the patches though is limited due to side effects and can only be used for 1-2 weeks only. Other treatments include over the counter zyrtec and claritin though not the best.

In summary for treatment of vertigo
1. meclazine or antivert
2. scopolamine patches
3. Claritin or zyrtec

I hope this answers your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions