Suggest treatment for vertigo

Question
I have vertigo. What medication is best I am taking XXXXXXX complete 25 mg. twice a day.
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up for the cause treatment is easy then

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Bonine aka meclizine is a medication used for vertigo.the reason for it not working is because there are thousands of etiologies and unless they correct one is sorted out this issue persists.as vertigo is a symptom of something wrong underneath.
Betahistines , Prokinetics agents like metoclorpramide,
We need to sort out the cause here whether inner ear problem is causing it, a benign positional vertigo, or is it central one, is it migraine headaches associated is it just a complication of an innocuous trouble like flu etc, these are some questions which need answers.then only the complete cure can be sought.
You need some work up for that.get your vestibular functions assessed get evaluated for central and positional causes. And for that all you need a good otorhinilaryngologist and a neurologist.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX