Suggest treatment for vertigo while on Meclazine

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I'm taking meclazine ordered by doctor for vertigo. Label )OTC) says 1-4 tabs a day. Is it okay to take more if I feel I need to?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
up to 100mg per day in divided doses

Detailed Answer:

you haven't mentioned how many mg each tablet has. The maximum daily dosage for meclizine is 100mg in divided doses. If - for example - you've got 25mg pills, you can take 4 of them each day that is one every 6 hours.

Taking more than the maximum dosage would put you into risk for side effects without worthwhile benefit.

Kind Regards!
Follow up: Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 15 hours later
Good news for me! They are only 12.5 mg tabs, so I can take up to twice as many as I have been.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you're welcome

Detailed Answer:
You're welcome!

Best wishes!