Suggest treatment for vertigo and dizziness

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I think I have BPPV because when I'm playing golf I can get dizzy, nauseous and sweat profusely. Is the sweating a normal symptom of this type of vertigo.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Benign positional vertigo

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you have had some vertigo and dizziness episodes. They can be from BPV. The sweating is very common with it since you may also get nausea and vomiting too. The treatment is using meclizine which can be found OTC or a prescription strength from your medical provider. If the dizziness becomes worse you may need to see an ENT doctor. They have some treatments that maybe more effective for controlling the vertigo.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 26 hours later
Thank you Dr. Schubert for your diagnosis. I'm getting some OTC medicine today.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your welcome

Detailed Answer:
Your welcome and I hope you feel better soon
Dr. Ronald Schubert