Suggest treatment for vertigo and dizziness

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i had a good dose of i know now was vertigo went to hospital and a phisio gave me the side to side exersize it seemed to work but i still feel heavy headed and on the brink but nothing like my one night stand with vrtigo i do take 10 mg of ramaprill as i am now 72 yrs could it now be starting to cause some dizzines may i need to change bp pills Also i like a mediam glass of red wine with my dinner have had for many years but i do not get on the booze as such what do you think.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

Though Ramipril commonly cause vertigo.But,you have to correlate it temporally with your symptoms.Is it that after starting ramipril,your vertigo increased or there is no relation between vertigo and ramipril?
If there is no temporal relation between the two,there is no indication to change the BP medicine.
Red wine may be beneficial in some aspects and harmful in others.Chronic use can damage Liver.
More amount may actually damage heart also.
Still,if you have good control over it,a glass of red wine a day has been shown to be beneficial in some studies.So,you can keep going for it.I suggest,however,to get yourself screened for Liver and Heart function.

Hope that I have answered your query.If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to answer else please close the thread,rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)