Suggest treatment for vertigo and dizziness

Posted on Thu, 30 Apr 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have vertigo it is on the left side of my head when I lying down at night and a dizzy lolling when I get up quickly
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely due to age related degenerative process affecting inner ear.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Balance is managed by the vestibulocochlear apparatus in our inner ear. So, such vertigo, it is most often due to some problem with the vestibulocochlear apparatus. Such a problem is often due to age related degenerative process.

The first thing to do is to get an ENT opinion and an audiogram done to evaluate the functioning of your inner ear. Certain vestibulocochlear stabilizing agents can be prescribed by your ENT doctor for your relief.

If you found my answer to be helpful, please close the thread with a positive review and a 5 star rating.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha