Suggest treatment for venous stasis

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
78 year old man with poor circulation in legs - venous stasis. Usually small blisters form and break. Now there is a very big blister - looks like blood is in it. Not painful. Doesn't look infected. How can I treat it? I am putting bacitracin on it and bandaging it but it isn't going away.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome

Detailed Answer:
This is proably hemorrhagic bula and it wont improve on bavitracin or bandages. It sometimes resolves spontanuesly but it would be smart to incise bula and evacuate hematoma by general surgeon and then it must be desinfected and covered with sterile bandages for 2 days. wish you good health. Regards