question-icon

Suggest treatment for varicose veins

Posted on Thu, 19 Nov 2015
Question: What different Treatments are available for Varicose Veins?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Depends on severity, initially self care, compression stockings and later surgeries

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query.

It need to be examined to comment on the treatment, treatment depends on the symptoms. I would suggest you to mention the symptoms that you have and also upload the pictures of the affected part to assess and provide you with specific advice.

In general
Self-care such as exercising, losing weight, elevating your legs, and avoiding long periods of standing or sitting, can ease pain and prevent varicose veins from getting worse.

Wearing compression stockings is often the first approach to try before moving on to other treatments. You can buy compression stockings at most pharmacies and medical supply stores.

For more severe cases, Sclerotherapy, laser surgery, vein stripping surgeries are available and which surgery option suits you best can be decided on examination.

Hope this helps.
I'll be glad to clarify your further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Harish Naik