Suggest treatment for varicolcele
Thanks for contacting with your health concern and before opting for Alternate system of Medicine, following points are worth mentioning prior to preventive and prophylactic aspect:
1. Varicocele is probably the most common treatable cause of male infertility.
2. any treatable endocrinopathy detected by Endocrinologist?
3. Going by the value in decimal it is probably in [ nmol/L] thus
i. Normal Testosterone is: 18.3 - 41.8 nmol/L [and is 3.97] in your study thus is low
ii. Normal FSH in male is: 1.5 -12.4 IU/L [and is 1.66] in your study, also on lower side.
4. The mechanism by which bilateral varicocele causes poor quality semen and infertility is due to retrograde venous flow affecting the temperature of both the testes, i.e. the increased blood circulation in these veins is thought to increase testicular temperature and may reduce sperm production.
PS. In a number of studies, varicocelectomy has been reported to have beneficial effect on fertility, with the best results [70% pregnancy rate] obtained in men.
5. Since the varicocele is caused due to incompetence of the valves between the internal spermatic vein and the renal vein [which is a surgical issue] thus surgical correction is the best management for having a healthy issue in near future.
There is/are minor surgical procedures that can be performed either under local anaesthetic or general anaesthesia, like:
i. PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration) involves guiding a small needle through the skin into the epididymis to draw out a small amount of fluid containing sperm.The collected sperm can be used to fertilise the eggs by intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). Visit a Fertility clinic for other options also.
PS. varicocele repair may/might enhance spermatogenesis allowing enough sperm production for ICSI, also varicocelectomy improve testosterone levels in majority of men, promoting fertility.
Do revert back with your concern(s)
Consultant & Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for liver cyst
- Suggest treatment for headaches
- Suggest treatment for anger and aggressiveness
- Suggested treatment of tuberculosis
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for incontinence
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest the treatment for tuberculosis of bones
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment