• question-icon

Suggest treatment for varicocele infection in the scrotum

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi Doctors.1 year before I diagonized with grade one varicocele in right scortum. That time I had anti biotics. After that also I have mild ache in my right scortum.
And I always have some burning sensation in my penis track from past two to three years. I have done all my test like urine culture and Ct scan.. Nothing abnormal. Going by history I having gastricities trouble and some times I will get fungal infection in legs near penis.

Two weeks back I got an unbearable pain and irritation in both testis. As usual I had the burning sensation in Penis.

I consulted my old doctor and he told the left scortum having varicocele. It might need to operated. He gave anti inflammatory tabs

Im afraid and So I have visited two more doctor urologiest.. They have analysed my scortum.

One urologist said. Vericocle is mild and pain might be due to infection that comes through urinary track. I took Doppler scan on my scortum. It shows a mild varicocele in left testicele. But right one is normal. I don't know where the vericocele in right one went. I have more pain in right scortum only. Doctor told it might be disappeared by time. But I doubted the quality of scortum Doppler scan.
He prescribed antibiotic for one week. He told operation was not needed.

So finally I went to a good doctor who has good history with patients.
After seeing my scortum. He told the vericocele is mild and it can't be operated unless it is visible for naked eye.
He also told that it doesn't look like any infection in scortum. Since I have burning sensation in my penis he gave antibiotic and asked for urine culture test. I waiting for the urine culture report.

Kindly please tell me what's going on in my penis and scortum.. I have pain exactly benind right testis where it joins our body. I have burning sensation in my penis.. Is this bacteria or some fungal. Please help.
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible epidydimitis?Urine culture can help in guiding therapy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

I understand your concern,

This isn't serious.

You probably have left mild varicocele and a right epididymo-orchitis,which implies inflammation usually a chronic unnoticed one .

It can present with pain behind the testis.

This could possibly be a bacterial infection.

Urine culture is the right way to assess the infection causing organism.

Mild varicoceles do not need operation.

You are heading in aright direction with your recent doctor.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Prasanna Heijebu