• question-icon

Suggest treatment for vaginitis

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Yes and thank you. It was vaginitis and I got medicated for it and I was clear for one week and it's start again. The doctor did a vaginal exam and took swab and sent to lab. Been 2 weeks and the office has called me to schedule my yearly exam so since nothing was said the swab must have been negative. Do you know anything about the pill "fuyan"? Does it help?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fuyan is a traditional chinese herbal medicine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking again on HealthcareMagic.

Let me assure you that vagnial secretions and vaginoses are normal and unless foul smelling nothing needs to be done about it.

Fuyan Pill is a traditional Chinese herbal remedy for gynecological conditions including PID, endometriosis, tubal blockage, hydrosalpinx, chlamydia etc. I would be unable to comment on whether it is effective since there are inadequate studies that could indicate whether it is effective.

At your age a yearly PAP smear is advisable. Good to know that it is negative.

Let me know if there is something specific that I could help you with.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha