• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for vaginitis

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Yes and thank you. It was vaginitis and I got medicated for it and I was clear for one week and it's start again. The doctor did a vaginal exam and took swab and sent to lab. Been 2 weeks and the office has called me to schedule my yearly exam so since nothing was said the swab must have been negative. Do you know anything about the pill "fuyan"? Does it help?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fuyan is a traditional chinese herbal medicine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking again on HealthcareMagic.

Let me assure you that vagnial secretions and vaginoses are normal and unless foul smelling nothing needs to be done about it.

Fuyan Pill is a traditional Chinese herbal remedy for gynecological conditions including PID, endometriosis, tubal blockage, hydrosalpinx, chlamydia etc. I would be unable to comment on whether it is effective since there are inadequate studies that could indicate whether it is effective.

At your age a yearly PAP smear is advisable. Good to know that it is negative.

Let me know if there is something specific that I could help you with.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4439 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Pap smear

doctor1 MD

I had two daughters by ceasarian section, the last 15 years ago and in that area I feel swollen and pain. I am 52 years old and am going through...

doctor1 MD

Hi! I ve being having this yellowish vaginal discharge with a bad odor I had done a vaginal culture plus a pap smear both came out negative though...

doctor1 MD

My wife is a 51 yrs old she had heavy bleeding for 3 days and now ther is spotting for 2 days A transvaginal u/s was done it showed adnexae cyst on...

doctor1 MD

I ve been having lots of medical issues within the past year. I recently moved to a very cold place after having lived in Florida for about 15...

doctor1 MD

On 2014 i Had a TVS. Result was normal Pelvic utz. Fibroid is 21mm x 10 anterior subserosal. Is this cancerous? I’ll have it check after 3 years...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I’m a difficult case. I’m 53, unsure about menopause because I was bleeding daily for a few months. My regular gynecologist could not do a pap...

doctor1 MD

Hi I've had light bleeding for almost 2 weeks now it started as light pink then orangish red and it turned darker red but i only bleed in the early...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe loose motion

  • Q - Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain

  • Q - Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?

  • Q - What causes unusual sweating?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS

  • Q - What are the side effects of Superglue injection?

  • Q - Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth

  • Q - Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe constipation