Suggest treatment for vaginal yeast infection
there are other topical antifungals
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Yeast is a type of fungal infection and you would need to use either an oral or topical antifungal for improvement.
The monistat is an antifungal but if there was no improvement with use of this anti fungal then you may need to try an alternative or see your doctor for oral medication (fluconazole/diflucan which is only one dose).
Other topical treatments that may be available over the counter are:
(1) clotrimazole (also known as gyne-lotrimin- there is a 3 and 7 day version)
(3)butoconazole (gyna zole)
(4)terconazole (terazol- also have 3 and 7 day options)
You should consider choosing one of these or the oral medication
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Colonoscopy vaginal yeast infection
- Is nystop used in the treatment of vaginal yeast infection?
- Is nizoral used in the treatment of vaginal yeast infection?
- Suggest treatment for vaginal yeast infection
- Suggest the best medication for vaginal yeast infection
- Vaginal yeast infections treatments
- Vaginal yeast infection pericarditis
- Treatment and cure for vaginal yeast infection
- Pediatric vaginal yeast infection treatment
- Recurring vaginal yeast infection and spotting treatment